Pre-arrival Fall 2018
Pick-Up Day for the fall semester 2018 is the 9th of August at both Campus Kristiansand and Campus Grimstad.
On this day you will:
- Be met by Buddies at the meeting point. For Kristiansand students this is the bus station in Kristiansand, for Grimstad students this is the UiA Grimstad bus stop. How to get to the meeting point.
- Receive your welcome package containing information from SiA.
- Receive the key for your dorm.
- Be driven with your luggage to your dorm by a Buddy
- Be welcomed by Buddies when you arrive at your dorm.
We recommend that everyone arrive on Pick-Up Day. If you arrive outside the Pick-Up Day, you must either stay at a hotel until Pick-Up Day, or manage transportation and key-pickup yourself by using public transportation or walking (check out maps.google.com). If you can't arrive on Pick-Up Day, you must contact SiA at [email protected] in order to make arrangements about how you will get your dorm-key from them.
Before you arrival you have to:
1. Fill in the Registration Form. This is so we know when you arrive on Pick-Up Day. If you don't arrive on Pick-Up Day, please fill in the form with the date you arrive.
2. Get Norwegian currency or bring bank card with sufficient funds to pay the airport coach etc. Visa cards are accepted most places in Norway. ATMs are available in airports, and many public places.
3. Read the FAQ on this webpage and update yourself on how to get to the meeting point on Pick-Up Day.
4. Read the info from the University of Agder "Before your arrival". It includes a lot if important information regarding Visa information, how to get here, course selection and other important information.
Kristiansand additional information:
On Pick-Up Day in Kristiansand we will be at the bus station to meet students from 12.00(12am) and until 24,00 (12pm). The reason why 12.00 is the earliest possibilty to arrive in the Registration Form, is because we won't get a hold of your keys from SiA before 12.00. If you arrive at the bus station long before 12.00 on Pick-Up Day we advise you to either take a nice stroll in the city center while you wait for us, or to arrange to pick up the keys from SiA's main office at campus on your own.
If you do not wish to join in on the pick-up, you can always go directly to SiA to pick up the keys yourself. SiA's office is located on campus, at Universitetsveien 32, 4630 Kristiansand, opening hours 08.00 (8am) - 16.00 (4pm). Please make sure to note in the registration form and to SiA if you choose to pick up the key on your own.
Q: What is the registration form?
A: It's a form which students have to fill in where you write when you arrive on Pick-Up Day, also if you arrive by bus/train/plane. You need to fill this out so we know if and when you will meet us at the bus station on Pick-up day. It also provides us with other useful info such as dietary restrictions, and tells us if you would like a Norwegian fadder.
Q: But what if I don't arrive on Pick-Up Day? Do i still have to fill in the registration form?
A: Yes all students should fill in the registration form, as long as you're going to either study or live in Kristiansand or Grimstad. This is so we know that you won't arrive that day, so we don't sit up waiting till 1 a.m. If you already have filled in registration form but need to do changes regarding the date, send an email to [email protected]
Q: What do I do if I don't have the posibility to arrive on Pick-Up Day?
A: After you have filled out the registration form about your late arrival, you MUST contact SiA in order to make arrangements about how to get your key. Be aware that ESN provide pick-up on Pick-Up Day only. If you arrive before Pick-Up Day, you have the opportunity of staying in a hotel until Pick-Up Day and then join Pick-Up day with the other students. Recommended hotel is Budget Hotel, cheap and good location.
We highly recommend all students to arrive on Pick-Up Day. There is much important information given to you throughout the first days of your stay.
Q: Where do I get the key for my apartment?
A: You will be given the key at the bus station on Pick-Up Day from ESN Agder. If you do not arrive on Pick-Up Day, see the QandA above how to get your key.
Q: How do I find the ESN Buddies at the meeting point on Pick-Up Day?
A: Read the Arrival and travel information.